WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
The Gables is a tall, five story, brick, Victorian Mansion. We are located at the foot of Main St. (State route 360), Reedville, VA. The Gables will be on your left as you come to the end of Main St. You will see the Northern Neck State Bank on your right, (directly across the street from our Coach House Inn at The Gables.) This is the bank Captain Fisher had built of the same brick as the Gables. You may park in the lot behind the Coach House Inn.
HOW TO GET HERE
From D.C. and Northern Virginia
- Take I-95 South to Fredricksburg
- Take the Rt. 17 South exit to Tappahanock.
- Then, follow Rt. 360 East to Reedville.
- Allow 3 hours
- Take I-95 to Rt. 5 to Waldorf.
- Take Rt. 301 to Rt. 3 and follow it to Montross.
- After passing through Montross, take Rt. 202 to Callao and then Rt. 360 to Reedville.
- Or, you may stay on Rt. 3 from Rt. 301 to Warsaw where you can also pick up Rt. 360.
- Allow 3 hours.
From Norfolk, Williamsburg, and Hampton Roads
- Take I-64 to Rt. 17 North
- Next, take Rt. 33 and follow Rt. 3 to Kilmarnock.
- Then, Take Rt. 200 to Burgess where you will turn onto Rt. 360 to Reedville.
From the water
- From the Chesapeake Bay into Cockrell’s Creek
- Steer to Starboard at the old brick stack.
- You will see the Gables and our dock ahead. We have several Slips and 5-1/2 feet mean low tide.
- Take Rt. 360 all the way.
- Allow 2 hours.